It may be difficult to live a life free from all regret, but from my experience, regrets are usually about what we haven't done, rather than what we have done.
You are living the only life you are going to get - make it great!
Waiting 'until' to make your life great, to live the way you truly want, will never get you where you want to be.
Dreaming of the future is not living your life, and you may be ignoring some really wonderful people, activities and moments while you spend your mental & physical energy wishing life away.
Notice how you spend your time, where you contribute your energy; does this satisfy & nourish you? If your answer is no, you certainly need to carve out some time for yourself.
How does this relate to your health & training? I'm so glad you asked :)
Do you find yourself:
- waiting until you weigh a certain number to be happy and love being in your body
- waiting until you look a certain way to be more active
- waiting until you have enough will power to nourish yourself with fresh, healthy food
- waiting until you "feel like it" to exercise to make your body stronger
- waiting until someone else says something or does something to change what you do
You deserve a wonderful life and YOU are the only one who has the power to make it happen, not next week, not in a year, not when you turn 50 (or any other magical age), but today and every day of your amazing life.
And you do have an amazing life, look around and find 5 amazing things going on in your life right now; I bet you can.
Use the hours, days and years you have or waste them, the only time is now.