Tuesday, December 18, 2012
With the Silly Season in full swing, there are Christmas parties to attend, catching up for drinks with friends, and myriad other social events that are outside of your usual routines - often involving mince pies.
As usual, the advice here at MET Fitness is sane, sensible and sustainable.
Rather than throw sensible eating out the window, remind yourself how hard you've worked this year.
You have acheived goals that were considered impossible or at least, unlikely at the start of this year. You have persisted in the face of all that life has thrown at you and you have felt how great it feels to have more energy.
Enjoy the holiday fun and remember it's all about balance. When (almost) every day is another party, there are some simple tips to keep you on track for a happy, healthy 2013.
* Eat a small, yet healthy meal before a night out to minimise those ravenous cravings and by all means enjoy the party treats - in moderation.
* Watch your alcohol intake.
* Maintain some kind of regular exercise routine, even if it's a quick 5 - 10 minutes before your morning shower.
* Daily strength training will keep your metabolism firing at optimal levels.
* Summer is a great time to be active outdoors, especially with the kids so get them out for a bike ride, playing chasey at the park.
Your dedication and determination has made a big difference to your health & fitness in 2012. You've come a long way, Baby!
I would like to thank all of my amazing clients for another wonderful year of health & fitness. Without you, I wouldn't be doing the work I love.
It is a priveledge to see the real difference you are making in your life and the lives of your families - you are the best example for your children and loved ones.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and looking forward to discovering what you are capable of in 2013!